Dear Parents, Guardians and Students:
With so much uncertainty in our community, country and world it is easy to feel overwhelmed or unsure of next steps in the coming weeks and months. Regina Public Schools remain committed to supporting the well-being of our students and we continue to encourage families and students to take the time to pause and to ensure they are taking care of themselves.
Despite schools being closed, our Guidance Counsellors will still be accessible to all our students and families. If students require additional emotional or social support, you can reach out to their respective Guidance Counsellor by email or by leaving a voice mail:
- Lori Benoit 306-523-3614 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Claudine Neetz 306-523-3608 email@example.com
- Bonnie Baron-Williams 306-523-3607 firstname.lastname@example.org
Emails will be checked periodically and responded to during regular school hours.
In the event of a crisis or emergency, please contact Mobile Crisis (306-757-0127), police department or call 911.
Please also consider the following community resources that are available to you and your family during this time.
- Kids Help Phone 1-800-668-6868 or text the word CONNECT to 686868
- 211 Saskatchewan text 211, call 211, or visit www.sk.211.ca
- Regina Crisis/Suicide Line 306-525-5333
- Child & Youth Services 306-766-6700
- Planned Parenthood 306-522-0902 (currently closed until April 6: call 811, pharmacy or medical clinic)
- Sexual Assault Line 306-352-0434
- Sexual Health/STI Clinic 306-766-7788 (currently closed: call 811, pharmacy or medical clinic)
- Social Services Income Assistance 306-787-3700
- Street Culture Youth Shelter 306-545-3445
- Family Service Regina 306-757-6675
- Pandemic Food Assistance 306-777-7000 https://www.regina.ca/export/sites/Regina.ca/home-property/safety-emergencies/.galleries/pdfs/Community-Food-Assistance-Programs.pdf
Families and students wishing to keep informed about Grad & Post Graduation Planning, Post-secondary information, or other academic-related questions are encouraged to use existing platforms such as:
• Check our announcements on the Thom Collegiate website (https://thomcollegiate.rbe.sk.ca/)
• Regina Public Schools Website (https://www.reginapublicschools.ca/) “Students” (Guidance/support, Scholarships, Grad & Post Grad Planning)
• Our brand new Thom Guidance Social Media @thomcollegiateguidance on Facebook/Instagram
If you are in grade 12 and have applied to a post-secondary institution, it is important that you log into your institution account to access the most up to date information related to entrance requirements and changes.
We encourage students to take advantage of this unique learning situation by increasing their knowledge through:
• Supplemental learning opportunities provided by classroom teachers (email your teachers directly)
• Saskatchewan Youth Apprenticeship Program (contact Ms. Baron-Williams)
• WHMIS Training (Go to www.yowcanada.com/register and enter the following information. Username: sharris. Password: WHMIS)
• SCOT Training (https://www.scsaonline.ca/courses/scot)
• Young Workers Readiness Course (https://ywrcc.ca/)
• Grad & Post Graduation Plan (https://www.reginapublicschools.ca/graduation_post-graduation_plan)